Organization: RECITY Network Private Limited
Position Type: Short-term (3-6 Months)
Position: Project Assistant
No. of Positions: 2
Experience Level: Min. 1 Year
Language Proficiency: Proficient Written and Oral communication skills in Hindi and English & Punjabi.
RECITY is seeking a highly motivated Project Assistant to bring large-scale impact in waste management among the citizens of a city in Haryana, for a limited period project starting June 2017.
A city in Haryana requires a large-scale intervention in Waste Management via efficient Waste Segregation. As per the Municipal Corporation, the target is to achieve segregation at the 1-lakh households in the city. This will be achieved by intervention at a most fundamental level, i.e.: the housing societies, schools, hospitals, eateries, etc.
The Project Assistant is responsible for Community management, social development, impact measurement. He / She will also work closely with the Program Manager and other Partners of RECITY. The Project Assistant must be willing to relocate to Haryana. S/he will be Primarily responsible to map the progress of the project, interact with all stakeholders to identify and flag off critical issues (if any). The Project Assistant will also be the central point of documentation for all stakeholders
- To provide support and creates balance in the time and scope of executing projects under the direct supervision of the program Manager in an establishment.
- To see to it that all aspects of a project are dully attended to and completed at the right time,
- He/she will carry out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out project files to the right personnel, workers, and stakeholders.
- Supervise tasks assigned to project workers as instructed by the director
- Supervise project workers and ensure that they stick to project specification and guidelines
- He/she takes records of all project items, and sees to it that they are adequately delivered to the various departments as directed by the program manager.
- S/he will be in charge of logistics
- Will evaluate the nature and condition of projects and make useful suggestions to the director on the best practices and strategies to apply in project execution.
- Ensure effective project operations and unite team under common goal
- To maintain coordination between various stakeholders
- Supervise the work of the team members
- Ensure the objectives and goals of the program are met.
- Maintain a database.
- Help the team to create a tracking and follow-up mechanism
- As an associate to the program manager, keep track of all activities
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree in Social Sector / Behavioral Science / Psychology / other Humanities with at least 1 years of experience in large-scale change projects
- Should be a good communicator, have utmost integrity, be enthusiastic and empathetic about the problem at hand
- Must possess team building & problem solving skills
- Should have the ability to be self-motivated, work independently as well as with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to form constructive work relationships with various stakeholders
RECITY has created an inclusive platform-approach to solve India's urban dilemma of unplanned growth, by co-opting citizen and student participation to address gaps in infrastructure and governance. The platform also brings together government, experts. NGOs and academia to collectively implement projects that lead to lesser pollution, better sanitation, environmental fortification, water resilience, energy efficiency and affordable housing.
RECITY has already done a successful Proof of Concept for the city of Navi Mumbai, in partnership with Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation, Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Architecture and NAREDCO West. Also, in its short existence, it has been invited by the Delhi Development Authority to conceptualize similar projects; and also as curators at MUNICIPALIKA 2017.
Now, in our latest edition of growth, we have been invited to deliver Waste Management solutions to the city in Haryana.
All accommodation and transport will be provided for.
More about RECITY: https://www.facebook.com/RecityIndia/
SEND IN YOUR CV and COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org