Organization: RECITY Network Private Limited
Position Type: Short-term (3-6 Months)
Position: Operations Head
No. of Positions: 3
Experience Level: Min. 5 Years
Language Proficiency: Proficient Written and Oral communication skills in Hindi and English & Punjabi.
RECITY is seeking a highly motivated Operations Head to bring large scale impact in waste management among the citizens of a city in Haryana, for a limited period project starting June 2017.
A city in Haryana requires a large-scale intervention in Waste Management via efficient Waste Segregation. As per the Municipal Corporation, the target is to achieve segregation at the 1-lakh households in the city. This will be achieved by intervention at a most fundamental level, i.e.: the housing societies, schools, hospitals, eateries, etc.
The Operations head is responsible for facilitating initiatives; identifying and fostering capacity building & awareness opportunities; ensuring public input into the project; and administering and monitoring community empowerment initiatives. He / She will also work closely with the Core Team and other Partners of RECITY to manage operations, community management, social development and impact measurement.
The Operations Head must be willing to relocate to Haryana. The primary responsibility will be to translate RECITY's strategy for efficient waste segregation in the city into on ground execution. The relevant person will be interacting with multiple agencies and groups of people, like sanitation workers, teachers, students, etc. to ensure uniformity and coordination of actions.
- Recruit, train and coach volunteers, providing ongoing support to ensure retention.
- Design, develop and deliver promotional materials and organize special event.
- Responsible for the planning, development and execution of a variety of capacity building & awareness programs.
- Maximize public understanding and increase awareness of the benefits of Waste Segregation in the community.
- Serve as points of feedback for the community / citizens to approach and use their on-ground presence to generate meaningful inputs for efficacy of the program.
- Ensure a high degree of innovation and quality in engagement.
- Execute outreach and marketing plans to maximize citizen conversion and adoption
- Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures that support the delivery of the program.
- Assist in the projection, recommendation and control of budget items related to the program.
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree in Social Sector / Behavioral Science / Psychology / other Humanities with at least 5 years of experience in large-scale change projects.
- Should be a good communicator, have utmost integrity, be enthusiastic and empathetic about the problem at hand.
- Must possess team building & problem solving skills.
- Should be able to manage complexity, asymmetric information, and be able to delegate tasks.
- Should have the ability to be self-motivate, work independently as well as with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to form constructive work relationships with various stakeholders
- Proven Ability to liaison with community leaders.
RECITY has created an inclusive platform-approach to solve India's urban dilemma of unplanned growth, by co-opting citizen and student participation to address gaps in infrastructure and governance. The platform also brings together government, experts. NGOs and academia to collectively implement projects that lead to lesser pollution, better sanitation, environmental fortification, water resilience, energy efficiency and affordable housing.
RECITY has already done a successful Proof of Concept for the city of Navi Mumbai, in partnership with Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation, Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Architecture and NAREDCO West. Also, in its short existence, it has been invited by the Delhi Development Authority to conceptualize similar projects; and also as curators at MUNICIPALIKA 2017.
Now, in our latest edition of growth, we have been invited to deliver Waste Management solutions to the city in Haryana.
All accommodation and transport will be provided for.
More about RECITY: https://www.facebook.com/RecityIndia/
SEND IN YOUR CV and COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org